Heya folks,
I went for an interview today....travelled almost 6 hours to reach the interview venue, performed some tasks assigned by the interviewer and done. I don't know if I made it because they said they'll get back to me. So, I booked a rapido, got back to station, waited two hours to catch a train back to my city. I am still on the train. Bored.
Now, most important question of all. Why does one need me to be in a different city just to ask 3-4 questions that they could easily ask on a call or a Google meet. About the task, I could do it on my laptop and give you, no big deal. Why make me spend so much money, time, and energy on the travel?
This thing troubles me a lot. I can not be already living in the cities I apply jobs in. I really appreciate people who discuss everything on call and then clearly tell you whether it can work or not. This one man I talked to, clearly asked my budget on call before making me write anything or come to the office and told me that they don't have the budget to hire me. See, simple.
Companies and agencies need to make notes. Troubling a candidate is not going to automatically improve the outcome. Writing is one job that can be most easily done from anywhere so don't be stubborn about on-site roles.
I don't have much to say, I haven't slept last night because I was traveling and will reach home past midnight so god knows how much I'll be able to sleep tonight. We definitely need a saviour in the corporate world! Alright, enough for today. Bye!
Comments
Post a Comment